16 February 2012

First cookbooks

Here come my first cookbooks, made with lots of love (and impatience to create something new) :-)
Front covers are made of a thick card stock. I absolutely love the first one, especially the brown piece in the background that looks like watercolor, but it is not! I got the idea from a youtube channel SimonSaysStamp1, and it is actually a "tea dye" Distress Ink! There are 23 blanc pages and another four pages with the writtings "Appetizer, Soups, Meat & Fish, Cakes and pies". It is 15x15cm (I have NO clue in inches lol).
The second one is called "Recepty" that means "recipes" in slovak. It is quite simple, I used this red paper from Papermania called hampstead for the background and then only some letter stickers, red yarn and three little hearts with lovely pattern. Have a look and tell me what you think :-)
***
Ďalšia novinka - receptáre! Nielen možno naoko pekná, ale aj užitočná vec :-) Toto sú prvé dva receptáre, ktoré som vyrobila, prvý je v angličtine, obsahuje 23 čistých strán a štyri oddeľovacie strany s  nápismi, ktoré v preklade znamenajú "Predjedlá, Polievky, Mäso a ryby, Koláče", čo nájdete aj v druhom receptári, nazvanom veľmi originálne "Recepty" :-) Ten je o niečo jednoduchší, písmená sú trojrozmerné nálepky a pod nadpisom je červená bavlnka s troma srdiečkami s peknými vzormi. Oba receptáre majú rozmery 15x15cm a kovové krúžka sa dajú otvoriť a doplniť tak ďalšie stránky.




Really hope you like them! Bon appetit ;-)
Lucia xxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your cookbook and as someone who loves to cook & collect recipes this project is right up my alley. Love everything about it and your album cover is perfect and inspiring.
    Fabulous job and Bon Appetit to you as well!!!
    Hugs from US,
    Lisa S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucia!
    Thank you so much for leaving your comment on my blog. It made me feel good! I am like you...I don't have a lot of fancy supplies, cutters, etc so I use what I can find and do a lot of cutting with my scissors! So, I appreciate what you wrote about yourself. We are a lot alike! I am your follower now too, as I also like your style. Wow, to take the time to make a cookbook...it is so creative and just right for a cheerful kitchen! Good work, Lucia!
    Nice to meet you.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful...has prince charming come along yet? Do you plan on doing a series of cookbooks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! The covers look fantastic and I love the frame around the different labels! Such a pretty place to keep your favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice typography on cover and the overal outlook is really nice! Very inspiring I must say. I have a huge bundle laying all over from recipes I collect from here and there, so thanks for such a brilliant idea. Out of curiosity what does Zakusky mean? smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment ♥