15 March 2016

brushlettering

Hi everyone! Today's post is a crafty one again :-) I have recently wrote a blog post for Papero Amo - all about the brushlettering basics (nothing professional, just what I have recently learnt from a youtube tutorials!). It's in slovak // slovenskú verziu nájdete na blogu PA //, so let me share a few tips with all of you who don't speak slovak :-)

In the past few months I've been obsessed with brushlettering and watercolors. That means watching tons of videos on youtube and practicing and practicing (I never get tired of the first one and I often get discouraged at the second one...) Here are some basic rules that I observed and that I think can help your lettering to look more like pro :-D




I was playing with some markers, sharpies and brushes. But the secret for a pretty and good looking lettering, wheter you use brush, pen, marker or even a pencil, is this one: create a thin line when going up and then press and create a thick line when going down. I even made a short video so that you see what I mean :-)



When lettering with a pen or a marker that doesn't create thick or thin stroke, simply write down the word, add additional lines to where you would normally press more and color in.



I know there are special markers especially for lettering that create beautiful strokes. I still need to google them up and maybe order some... hopefully this is not the last post about lettering :-)

Yet I prefer brushlettering, more precisely PENTEL ACQUASH WATER BRUSHES. These brushes are awesome. You fill them with water and they are ready to be used. I HIGHLY recommend them!




For the purpose of this tutorial I've created some titles for my scrapbooking pages and cut them out so they can be used on my pages. Very handy, you can make your own custom titles :-)



Oh, and one last thing: it takes lots of practice. I hated my first attempts, but kept going. It really is fun and watching your lettering getting better and better feels great! What helped me a lot was to observe other people's writting, especially KRISTINA WERNER'S VIDEOS. She is the best, check her out!

That's it for todays post. Have a lovely day/evening and see you sooooooon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥