08 April 2016

ISRAEL

I can't say that spending this Easter in Holy Land was a dream come true. It was never my dream to travel to Israel. Yet this country stole my heart and while being in Jerusalem I was already planning another trip! 
I can't tell you what it was, but there's definitely something about it... the culture, the people, the atmosphere of the place... THAT place! The promised land... I think I'm in love :-D





So here's what I did. I arrived on 18th March and I was staying at my friend's place (or I should probably say my soul mate ^_^) We did the Holy Week together, either at her parish or Holy Sepulchre... or both :) I'm super thankful to her, as the whole experience was more than just a pilgrimage or trip... I learnt more about the situation, relationships, we visited the Temple Mount, Tel Aviv and crossed the palestinian border. We did everything we could to attend easter celebrations, such as Palm Sunday procession, easter triduum celebrations at Holy Sepulchre, Gethsemane on Maundy Thursday and a procession on the same road they led Jesus after he was arrested, Via Crucis on Good Friday, Easter vigil at half past midnight on Saturday, Easter Sunday mass. I also tasted hummus and falafel (so good!). And a lot more.
Such an incredible time, I'm still a bit there with my mind and heart, it's hard to get back to a daily life...


Enjoy the photos and a little video journal at the end :-)




2 comments:

  1. What a Nice trip you've made!! People say that once you see the holy city, you change your vision of the world. I hope it could be a new page for your life. Never stop dreaming!
    Be in peace,

    A Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! It definitely changed a LOT and I'm so thankful for being able to spend these days there. :-) ♥

      Delete

Thank you for your comment ♥